I am looking to adopt. What steps do I have to take?
Visit our Petfinder or Adopt-a-Pet pages to locate one of our adoptables. Complete the Adoption Application and submit to email@example.com. All animals adopted through KARE are micro-chipped, vaccinated, and spayed/neutered (except puppies) prior to release to new owners. A deposit will be taken for puppies that are not yet spayed or neutered to ensure that the spay/neuter occurs when it's best for the puppy.
For the sake of the pet:
- All members of household must be in agreement
- Adoption application and agreement must be completed and signed by someone 18 years or older
- Dogs must be indoor/outdoor dogs (no outdoor only dogs)
- If children under the age of five in the household, adoption family must attend Doglish class
- No two puppies from the same litter will be adopted together
- Landlord must be contacted and approve of pet