KARE TRAINING & ACTIVITY CENTER
OPEN HOUSE & KITSAP GREAT GIVE PARTY
Tuesday, April 23, 11 am-7 pm
11755 Old Military Rd NE, Poulsbo, WA 98370 (DIRECTIONS)
Donation Assistance ∙ Light Refreshments ∙ Raffle/Giveaways
Just in time for spring, and in conjunction with this year’s Kitsap Great Give, we are finally able to put on a little “housewarming party” to show everyone what we have done so far, and where we are heading with this new space. Join us on Tuesday, April 23 from 11 am to 7 pm. We will have some light refreshments and we will be there to answer questions, assist with donations, have a mini “chicken camp” demo, as well as a raffle and refreshments, courtesy of our community partners!
Just a friendly a reminder, There’s no question, we love dogs, however we ask that for this event, they stay at home for their safety and comfort.
THANK YOU TO OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
We are able to add “raffle” to the list of the event’s activities thanks to our generous donors and community partnerships. If you attend our Open House, you will have the chance to win prizes from:
- Silverdale Pet Grooming
- Camp Bow Wow – Silverdale
- Hood Canal Oyster Co.
- Naturally 4 Paws
- Lone Rock Mercantile
- and more!
What is the Kitsap Great Give?
The Great Give is 24 hours of online giving hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation. Every dollar you donate is boosted by the Bonus Pool! How you can give:Give right here online, on April 23, 2019.Give through our mailer that goes out to over 80,000 people in Kitsap.Early giving beings April 9, 2019 and ends April 22, at 6 pm*.
What is “Chicken Camp”?
Some have asked us, “what exactly is ‘chicken camp’?” or “I don’t have chickens (nor do I care to), why would I be interested in training chickens?” “Chicken Camp” is about more than just training chickens. Here’s your chance to check it out! We will be having mini Chicken Camp demonstrations each hour from 3-6 PM at our Open House.
Can’t Wait to Give?
You Can Schedule Your Gift!
Your generosity can save lives, helping to raise critical funds to support our work.As a small nonprofit, KARE’s rescue program relies solely on the generosity of individuals and businesses for support. Donations help sustain our organization, covering the cost of medical, transportation and basic care (nutrition, supplies, etc.) of our rescues. Additionally, KARE provides education programs, benefiting the community by helping to reduce or eliminate behaviors in at-risk dogs that cause pets to be relinquished in the first place.
A partnership between Kitsap Community Foundation and local nonprofits, donors from every neighborhood in our community will come together to raise significant funds for local needs—all on a single day. This is a big, bold opportunity for our community. We’re joining more than 100 communities across the country to raise millions of dollars for the greater good. And every gift given to local nonprofits will be increased by a national pool of matching funds. We’re partnering with area nonprofits, businesses and community members to raise funds for local needs. Our giving website makes it easy, safe and fun to give to organizations already doing essential work in our community.
Here are three simple ways you can help:
- Pledge to give
- Spread the word
- Make a gift on April 29
Share/Tweet/Follow: #KitsapGreatGive #igivelocal #WhyKARE
How It Works
- On April 29, anyone can go to the website www.kitsapgreatgive.org, hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation, and donate to as many participating nonprofits as they want, as many times as they want.
- All donations made during the Kitsap Great Give will be enhanced by a local and, we hope, national bonus pool.
- The local bonus bucks pool will be composed of sponsorship dollars donated by the event’s Presenting Partner — the United Way of Kitsap County, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors. During the event, real-time donation totals will be shown on the event website for each nonprofit. Prizes will be awarded to nonprofits throughout the day (e.g., $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the most donation transactions). The final amount of the bonus bucks pool and the proportion of funds a nonprofit will receive will not be determined until May.
- All donations made on through the Kitsap Great Give are tax-deductible in their full amount (prior to any fees).
- An email tax receipt will be sent to the donor generally within a few minutes of donating on the website, but please note it could take up to an hour depending on the volume of donations. you do not need to send a tax receipt, but you do need to thank and acknowledge your donors! Donors should remember to notify their credit card issuer if they plan to make a large donation, as they may hold the transaction as per the fraud protection services.
- Credit card transactions on kitsapgreatgive.org are secured with PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. This means you can rest assured that donor information will have the highest security possible.