UPDATE: THANK YOU everyone! Together, we raised over $14,400!
The Kitsap Great Give Results: This year, it looks like we raised $14,415!
However, prize money is not shown in the totals on the Great Give website, which means, our grand total shown on the Great Give website does not include those prize dollars.
We’re happy to announce the winners of the final prizes:
The Point Casino Prize for Most Donors for Large Nonprofits
- 1st place ($1,000): Kitsap Humane Society
- 2nd place ($500): Kitsap Regional Library Foundation
- 3rd place ($250): Island Time Activities
Prize for Most Donors for Small Nonprofits
- 1st place ($1,000): Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education
- 2nd place ($500): Pony Up Rescue for Equines
- 3rd place ($250): Seeds of Grace
That’s right… in addition to winning the Clearwater 2nd Prize of $500, with your donations and support, we also won 1st Place Prize of $1000! And although final tallies and checks won’t be mailed out until mid June, I think it’s safe to say
…with prizes, it looks like we raised $15,915! A Big, Heartfelt THANK YOU for your patience, generosity, and support!
The Kitsap Great Give funding will allow KARE to extend our community outreach and free workshops, rescue more pets from high kill areas, and aid in procuring and developing a training facility.
Due to technical difficulties experienced today, the Kitsap Great Give has been extended through MIDNIGHT May 4!
A LOT has happened these past 24 hours, so feel free to click on any of the below topics to jump to what really matters to you:
- Everyone’s been asking, “What happened today?” Updates and Apologies from the Kitsap Community Foundation
- Please keep the donations coming in support of KARE. If you can’t give, it’s OK to just share + follow KARE!
- We’ve won a prize! and there’s more to be won in the next 24 hours…
- When we asked, #WhyKARE?, here’s what was said…
- Ready to make your donations go further? Donate Now.
[As of 1 pm] From the Kitsap Community Foundation:
Please accept my deepest apologies for the Great Give website malfunctioning. Unbelievably, [Kimbia’s] system started failing 5 – 6 hours ago, and they have not been able to fix it yet. I know you must be frustrated. Believe me, so am I. Mainly, I deeply saddened at the impact this is having on our day of giving.
UPDATE ON FIXING THE WEBSITE
Kimbia, the company contracted to manage the donation website, tells me that their system is starting to function better. It does appear to be functioning a bit more reliably, but is far from functioning as it should. They do not have a clear ETA on when the system will start functioning perfectly again.
EXTENSION OF DONATION DEADLINE
We are extending the deadline for donations made during the Great Give to 9 p.m. on May 4th. So, rather than “turning off” the Great Give website at midnight tonight, we will keep it open for donations until 9 p.m. tomorrow (May 4th).
A BIG, HEARTFELT “THANK YOU”!!!
Leaderboards may be down… but we think we can still have some fun with prizes!
Last year we raised $19,454.68. KARE led the Small Nonprofit Organizations with the most funds raised for a total of $18,031, which didn’t include additional funds from the matching pool of funds! These funds gave us a big start towards having our own rehabilitation facility.As if a malfunctioning site isn’t challenging enough, the Kitsap Great Give has additional event challenges and prizes for the day! We’ve already completed one challenge today, and, with your help, we think we can win these particular prizes:
Early Bird Prize – $1,000
(Sponsored by Kitsap Community Foundation Board of Directors). For the nonprofit that raises the most money by 9:00 a.m.
Most Donors Prize for Small Nonprofits
1st place $1,000, 2nd place $500, 3rd place $250.
The nonprofit with an annual budget under $100,000 that has the most individual donors by the end of the day wins $1,000.
- Second prize is $500.
- Third is $250.
We Can Do One Better
This year, KARE has found a donor who has challenged us to do better than last year. If we beat our record of $18,031, they will match every dollar over the $18K. For example, if we raise $20K this year, they will match an additional $2000! So… can we do it?
How will the Kitsap Great Give funding help our organization?
Check us out: www.kitsapgreatgive.org
Share/Tweet/Follow: #KitsapGreatGive #igivelocal #WhyKARE
We’re thrilled to announce Kitsap Great Give, a national day of local giving that will be held here in Silverdale on May 3, 2016. A partnership between Kitsap Community Foundation and local nonprofits, donors from every neighborhood in our community will come together to raise significant funds for local needs—all on a single day. This is a big, bold opportunity for our community. We’re joining more than 100 communities across the country to raise millions of dollars for the greater good. And every gift given to local nonprofits will be increased by a national pool of matching funds. We’re partnering with area nonprofits, businesses and community members to raise funds for local needs. Our giving website makes it easy, safe and fun to give to organizations already doing essential work in our community. Here are three simple ways you can help:
- Pledge to give
- Spread the word
- Make a gift on May 3
How It Works
- On May 3, anyone can go to the website www.kitsapgreatgive.org, hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation, and donate to as many participating nonprofits as they want, as many times as they want.
- All donations made during the Kitsap Great Give will be enhanced by a local and, we hope, national bonus pool.
- The local bonus bucks pool will be composed of sponsorship dollars donated by the event’s Presenting Partner — the United Way of Kitsap County, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors. During the event, real-time donation totals will be shown on the event website for each nonprofit. Prizes will be awarded to nonprofits throughout the day (e.g., $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the most donation transactions). The final amount of the bonus bucks pool and the proportion of funds a nonprofit will receive will not be determined until May 19.
- All donations made on May 3 are tax-deductible in their full amount (prior to any fees).
- An email tax receipt will be sent to the donor generally within a few minutes of donating on the website, but please note it could take up to an hour depending on the volume of donations. you do not need to send a tax receipt, but you do need to thank and acknowledge your donors!Donors should remember to notify their credit card issuer if they plan to make a large donation, as they may hold the transaction as per the fraud protection services.
- A link to access your donor information will be emailed to you at the end of April. This link will download a spreadsheet in real time during the event and after the event. Donor information will include all fields on the donation form, except credit card information. Please save your link as the organizers will not be able to send to you during May 3. your link will remain active until August 31st, 2016, at which time it will deactivate.
- Credit card transactions on kitsapgreatgive.org are secured with PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. This means you can rest assured that donor information will have the highest security possible.
- The transaction fee for the Kitsap Great Give is comprised of 2.9% for payment vendor Kimbia and 2% credit card processing fee. These transaction fees are for these vendors only and no other fees are taken or received by the organizers.
- Participating organizations will receive a check that will include all donations (less fees), plus any incentive dollars received no later than June 20th, 2016.
- Kitsap Community Foundation will organize media sponsors to provide county-wide marketing of the event. However, the donations and matching pool funds that a specific nonprofit receives during Kitsap Great Give will depend largely on how well that nonprofit reaches out to its supporters.