Kitsap Great Give + KARE
Kitsap Great Give 2017
On May 2, 2017, from midnight to 11:59pm, Kitsap County will have a chance to once again make history…
…when we come together as a community to help members of our community that need it most. Last year we raised nearly $1.5 million, and this year we are going for more! Choose your nonprofits and help us raise $1.75 million for Kitsap.
How will the Kitsap Great Give funding help our organization?
Check us out: www.kitsapgreatgive.org
Share/Tweet/Follow: #KitsapGreatGive #igivelocal #WhyKARE
A partnership between Kitsap Community Foundation and local nonprofits, donors from every neighborhood in our community will come together to raise significant funds for local needs—all on a single day. This is a big, bold opportunity for our community. We’re joining more than 100 communities across the country to raise millions of dollars for the greater good. And every gift given to local nonprofits will be increased by a national pool of matching funds. We’re partnering with area nonprofits, businesses and community members to raise funds for local needs. Our giving website makes it easy, safe and fun to give to organizations already doing essential work in our community. Here are three simple ways you can help:
- Pledge to give
- Spread the word
- Make a gift on May 2
How It Works
- On May 2, anyone can go to the website www.kitsapgreatgive.org, hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation, and donate to as many participating nonprofits as they want, as many times as they want.
- All donations made during the Kitsap Great Give will be enhanced by a local and, we hope, national bonus pool.
- The local bonus bucks pool will be composed of sponsorship dollars donated by the event’s Presenting Partner — the United Way of Kitsap County, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors. During the event, real-time donation totals will be shown on the event website for each nonprofit. Prizes will be awarded to nonprofits throughout the day (e.g., $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the most donation transactions). The final amount of the bonus bucks pool and the proportion of funds a nonprofit will receive will not be determined until May 19.
- All donations made on May 2 are tax-deductible in their full amount (prior to any fees).
- An email tax receipt will be sent to the donor generally within a few minutes of donating on the website, but please note it could take up to an hour depending on the volume of donations. you do not need to send a tax receipt, but you do need to thank and acknowledge your donors! Donors should remember to notify their credit card issuer if they plan to make a large donation, as they may hold the transaction as per the fraud protection services.
- A link to access your donor information will be emailed to you at the end of April. This link will download a spreadsheet in real time during the event and after the event. Donor information will include all fields on the donation form, except credit card information. Please save your link as the organizers will not be able to send to you during May 3. your link will remain active until August 31st, 2016, at which time it will deactivate.
- Credit card transactions on kitsapgreatgive.org are secured with PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. This means you can rest assured that donor information will have the highest security possible.
- The transaction fee for the Kitsap Great Give is comprised of 2.9% for payment vendor Kimbia and 2% credit card processing fee. These transaction fees are for these vendors only and no other fees are taken or received by the organizers.
- Participating organizations will receive a check that will include all donations (less fees), plus any incentive dollars received no later than June 20th, 2017.
- Kitsap Community Foundation will organize media sponsors to provide county-wide marketing of the event. However, the donations and matching pool funds that a specific nonprofit receives during Kitsap Great Give will depend largely on how well that nonprofit reaches out to its supporters.