Wine & Wag Silent Auction
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
Last year’s event was so successful, we will be bringing back the silent auction and we are taking Silent Auction Donations. If you would like to participate as a Silent Auction Donor this year, complete the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the Event Coordinator contact you!
Do you have an exciting local experience, weekend getaway, restaurant gift certificates, or items to donate to our silent auction? Our annual fundraiser is open to the entire community and allows supporters to shop, bid and win items in support of KARE.
Silent Auction (How it Works)
Silent auctions are auctions held without an auctioneer. People place their bids on sheets of paper instead. Details are Subject to Change.
On the night of the gala, all auction items will have an “Bid Sheet” next to it with a starting bid.
As doors open at 6 pm, you will have the opportunity to browse our auction items and start placing bids. There will be a minimum bid and minimum increase listed on the bid sheets. To place a bid, please enter your first and last name and a phone number (in the event you miss the conclusion of the auction) alongside your bid amount. Some items may have a “Buy It Now” price. If you would like to “Buy It Now”, please take the Bid Sheet to cashier to make your payment and collect your prize. If you have any questions regarding any of the auction items, there will be volunteer(s) at the auction table or please see the cashier.
Bidding will close at 7:15 PM. We will make an announcement 15 minutes prior to the auction closing. Once the auction closes, volunteers will collect bid sheets and auction items.
We will quickly determine auction winners and announce Auction and 50/50 Raffle Winners at 7:30 PM. If you’re name is called, please see the cashier to make payments and pick up your item(s). Please DO NOT take auction items from table until transaction has been completed, a KARE Auction Table Volunteer will assist you with your purchase(s). In the event you are not present and you have provided a phone number, KARE may call you the evening of the event (7:30 pm) to make arrangements for payment and pick-up/delivery. For some auction items, you must be present to purchase. See the cashier or an Auction Table Volunteer for details.
Silent Auction Guidelines
By bidding in Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education (KARE)’s silent auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules:
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” KARE has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction to the cashier. KARE accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, or a check made payable to “Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education”. After the silent auction bidding has closed, please report to the cashier.
- Following payments, you may pick up your purchases in the check-out area/cashier. You must show your paid receipt for items to be picked up.
- The purchaser must pick up all items the night of the auction, unless special arrangements are made. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education (KARE).
- KARE reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education (KARE), their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.