What is the Kitsap Great Give?
The Great Give is 24 hours of online giving hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation. Every dollar you donate is boosted by the Bonus Pool!
How you can give? Give right here online, on April 21, 2020. Early giving begins April 1, 2020 at 6 am PDT!
A partnership between Kitsap Community Foundation, local nonprofits and donors from every neighborhood in our community come together to raise significant funds for local needs—all in a single day. This is a big, bold opportunity for our community. We’re joining more than 100 communities across the country to raise millions of dollars for the greater good. Our giving website makes it easy, safe and fun to give to organizations already doing essential work in our community.
Here are three simple ways you can help:
- Pledge to give
- Spread the word
- Make a gift on April 21
Share/Tweet/Follow: #KitsapGreatGive #igivelocal #WhyKARE
How It Works
- On April 21, anyone can go to the website www.kitsapgreatgive.org, hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation, and donate to as many participating nonprofits as they want, as many times as they want.
- All donations made during the Kitsap Great Give will be enhanced by a local bonus pool.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to us, less the processing fees. Kitsap Community Foundation’s online platform, Momentus and credit card processing fees are 5.2%. You can choose to cover the processing fees for us so that we may get the full amount of your donation. Just check the box at the bottom of your transaction.
- The local bonus bucks pool will be composed of sponsorship dollars donated by the event’s Presenting Partner — the United Way of Kitsap County, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors. If we receive 3% of the total funds raised on April 21, then we will receive 3% of the bonus funds! During the event, real-time donation totals will be shown on the event website for each nonprofit. Prizes will be awarded to nonprofits throughout the day. We hope to win another Golden Ticket worth $250.
- All donations made on through the Kitsap Great Give are tax-deductible in their full amount (prior to any fees).
- An email tax receipt will be sent to the donor generally within a few minutes of donating on the website, but please note it could take up to an hour depending on the volume of donations. Donors should remember to notify their credit card issuer if they plan to make a large donation, as they may hold the transaction as per the fraud protection services.
- Credit card transactions on kitsapgreatgive.org are secured with PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. This means you can rest assured that donor information will have the highest security possible.