On Tuesday, April 23, 2019, from midnight to 11:59 pm, Kitsap County will have a chance to once again make history…
…when we come together as a community to help members of our community that need it most. Last year we raised nearly $1.63 million, and this year we are going for more! Choose your nonprofits and help us raise even more for Kitsap.
How will the Kitsap Great Give funding help our organization?
The Kitsap Great Give funding will allow KARE to expand our community outreach and free workshops, rescue more pets from high kill areas, and aid in the development of our training facility. Donate during the Kitsap Great Give to support Kitsap Animal Rescue & Education (KARE) and many other local not-for-profit organizations! You can donate here (right column, or scroll below on mobile) or visit the KARE Kitsap Great Give profile: https://kitsapgreatgive.org/profile/key/JKYY6K
How you can give:
1. Give right here online, on April 23, 2019.
2. Give through our mailer that goes out to over 80,000 people in Kitsap.
3. Early giving beings April 9, 2019 and ends April 22, at 6 pm.
Check us out: www.kitsapgreatgive.org
Share/Tweet/Follow: #KitsapGreatGive #igivelocal #WhyKARE
After 20 years of dreaming, planning, and saving, and with a lot of help from the Kitsap Great Give, we were able to break ground on our KARE Training and Activity Center in 2018. This facility serves as a centrally-located “headquarters” for our team, improving our organization’s day-to-day operations, as well as provide a safe space for those who are struggling with behavioral issues caused by environmental stressors.
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
11:00 AM-7:00 PM
In association with the Kitsap Great Give, KARE will be hosting an Open House event on Tuesday, April 23 from 11 am-8 pm at our new facility. We will be on hand to answer your questions, take donations for the Great Give, and schedule your next play or training session!
Give Early (starting April 9) and Try Out our Private Play Yard for FREE!
Donate $50 or more to KARE during the Kitsap Great Give’s Advanced Giving, starting April 9 through April 22, present your receipt at our Open House when you book a Private Dog Play Yard session, and your fee will be waived.
A partnership between Kitsap Community Foundation and local nonprofits, donors from every neighborhood in our community will come together to raise significant funds for local needs—all on a single day. This is a big, bold opportunity for our community. We’re joining more than 100 communities across the country to raise millions of dollars for the greater good. And every gift given to local nonprofits will be increased by a national pool of matching funds. We’re partnering with area nonprofits, businesses and community members to raise funds for local needs. Our giving website makes it easy, safe and fun to give to organizations already doing essential work in our community. Here are three simple ways you can help:
- Pledge to give
- Spread the word
- Make a gift on April 29
How It Works
- On April 29, anyone can go to the website www.kitsapgreatgive.org, hosted by Kitsap Community Foundation, and donate to as many participating nonprofits as they want, as many times as they want.
- All donations made during the Kitsap Great Give will be enhanced by a local and, we hope, national bonus pool.
- The local bonus bucks pool will be composed of sponsorship dollars donated by the event’s Presenting Partner — the United Way of Kitsap County, corporate sponsors, and individual sponsors. During the event, real-time donation totals will be shown on the event website for each nonprofit. Prizes will be awarded to nonprofits throughout the day (e.g., $1,000 awarded to the nonprofit that receives the most donation transactions). The final amount of the bonus bucks pool and the proportion of funds a nonprofit will receive will not be determined until May.
- All donations made on through the Kitsap Great Give are tax-deductible in their full amount (prior to any fees).
- An email tax receipt will be sent to the donor generally within a few minutes of donating on the website, but please note it could take up to an hour depending on the volume of donations. you do not need to send a tax receipt, but you do need to thank and acknowledge your donors! Donors should remember to notify their credit card issuer if they plan to make a large donation, as they may hold the transaction as per the fraud protection services.
- Credit card transactions on kitsapgreatgive.org are secured with PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification. This means you can rest assured that donor information will have the highest security possible.